Looking for nutrient rich information on breastfeeding? This episode pumps out helpful facts and loads of laughs as I sit down Rebecca Kusche, MS, IBCLC, CN. Breastfeeding, while natural, can be challenging and we dive into that a bit and talk tips for enhancing your experience. And I also break out into a laughing fit because, hey…farts are funny at any age. HA!
We also discuss the importance of breastfeeding education prior to birth. I happen to be hosting a Feeding Foundations class at the end of this month and you can peek here to see when Rebecca’s next offering for an in person class is scheduled as well!
Here are a few helpful links to topics we covered in our time together:
- Harrison Silverdale
- Lactation Link (finding an IBCLC)
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) Requirements and Exam
- Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative
- Colostrum as the first feeding
- Latching Baby to Breast
- Hand Expression Video
- Latching Baby to Breast Video
- La Leche League International
- Mom Strong of Kitsap
- Nurturing Expressions in Poulsbo
- LactMed Database *always check with your provider regarding medications while breastfeeding*
- Exclusive Pumping
- Human Milk Banking
As always, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to share a story about your pregnancy, birth or breastfeeding journey? Do you offer a service that supports the wellness of families in this special chapter? Please reach out!
Follow this link to be the first to know when the Online Childbirth Education releases or to sign up when it does.
Transcribed show notes with photos will follow as time allows. I thank you greatly for your patience!